What is Coaching?
Coaching is a relationship with a professional who encourages you to be
the best you can be personally and professionally. The Coach is someone
who asks, “What is it that you want and how can I help you get it.”
is the aim of Coaching?
The aim of coaching is to assist clients in improving performance of specific
tasks, and enhance the quality of their lives.
The Coaches job is to:
Act as a resource and a partner
Assist in identifying goals
Encourage action and movement
Provide structure and accountability
Coaches help individuals create a life of integrity by exploring their
values and incorporating them into their daily life. People who are attracted
to Coaching are those who want a life that is effective, satisfying, and
hires a Coach?
What can I expect to get from hiring a Coach?
Enhanced quality of life
Skills for success
does Coaching work?
The Coach / Client relationship is an equal one
The focus is on the whole, not just the parts
Needs and values are explored
Goals are set and tolerations are eliminated
Meetings are frequent and the client is held accountable
Top 10 Reasons To Hire a Coach – Thomas Leonard / Coach
1. You will set far better goals that motivate you in a healthy way.
2. You’ll accomplish goals, tasks and projects much more quickly.
3. You’ll make fewer mistakes in your business life or in your
4. You’ll move up to the next level of your professional and personal
5. You’ll reduce the number of problems you have and better resolve
the problems that are left.
6. You’ll likely make more money in your career, profession or
7. You’ll be a lot happier and this happiness will last.
8. You’ll be much more effective and influential with others:
family, business and personal relationships.
9. You’ll become much more attractive to others – on the
inside and on the outside.
10. You’ll have a better life, not just a better lifestyle.
How do I find a Coach that I like?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the most complete source
of all Coaches. You can access their website at www.coachfederation.com.
The newest directory at www.findacoach.com
can help you find a specific type of Coach in any geographical location.
From there you can choose someone whose advertisement resonates with you.
How much does it cost?
The cost of Coaching varies widely depending on the type of Coaching
required. Most Coaches offer a free 30-minute Coaching session where you
can ask questions and determine costs.
Tips for Hiring a Coach
Ask the Coach to provide information regarding:
Credentials – do you belong to the ICF and is your training
through a recognized certified Coaching program?
Philosophy – what is your philosophy when coaching a client?
Strengths – what is your greatest strength?
Style – what is your personal style?
Experience – what experience do you have in relation to what
How do you live your life relative to what you teach?